From developing quality solutions to leveraging analytics to helping achieve continuous delivery…
Engage as a senior-level consultant to provide project, process and technical leadership on engagements, working alongside client teams in a very collaborative way to – address complex issues, improve practices, influence change, deliver solutions, achieve organization goals, and enhance desired outcomes – with industry experience, expertise and delivery model centered on -
To deliver compelling products and solutions to market by:
- Architecting platforms using microservices or monolithic patterns, supported by virtualization or container technology.
- Implementing reusable ALM frameworks for automating builds, testing and deployment.
- Leveraging cloud-based technologies as appropriate to accelerate application integration and usage.
- Deploying dashboards to get better and real-time visibility into a delivery pipeline and to help decision-making.
To mitigate risk and improve reliability by:
- Streamlining QA through assessments, skills and tool evaluations, and recommending solutions.
- Recommending QA strategies, applying agile test execution models, and employing defect management and root cause analysis.
- Designing better organization models to suite the organization’s needs and objectives – from federated to centralized, COEs & Guilds, embedded to hybrid.
- Automating testing across the SDLC, to aid developers and testers across various test environments.
- Automating test data management employing both organic and synthetic approaches.
- Implementing Performance Management through load testing and active monitoring practices.
- Leveraging metrics using not only well-known quality measures but emerging ones that support agile development.
To achieve continuous delivery and agility at scale by:
- Embedding QA earlier in the lifecycle to be the voice of the customer, specifying features using TDD/ATDD/BDD, and developing automated tests in sync with development.
- Implementing Release Automation using well-known enterprise deployment reference architectures.
- Enabling fast feedback loops by integrating automated build and deployment with automated tests.
- Automating environment management to ensure reduction in lead and wait-times through any release pipeline.
- Monitoring pipeline metrics that would inform stakeholders on both ‘flow’ and ‘feedback’.
- Facilitating culture change employing a deliberate but flexible approach while keeping organization need and constraints front and center.
To effectively manage software product lifecycles using data and information by:
- Performing gap analysis across dimensions including process quality, delivery, product quality, performance, and operations data, and identifying improvements.
- Articulating a roadmap for employing data analytics to better manage software delivery with agility.
- Recommending analytics strategies to improve products and solutions through innovative use of data assets.
- Employing prescriptive and predictive analytics to improve delivery and operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Enabling software delivery analytics by planning, designing and architecting Hadoop and other Big Data platforms.
Doubled Software Delivery Throughput
Need: Streamline software systems to support increased growth at an e-retail company.
- Developed a data-enabled ALM platform integrating build, deployment, test management & automation, monitoring and reporting.
- Developed a Visualization Dashboard focused on progress, coverage and quality to actively manage scope and product risk on every release.
Result: Dramatically improved delivery efficiency and seamlessly supported 20% YoY business growth.
Achieved Delivery & Quality Goals
Issue: Financial Brokerage company was facing quality issues and delays on multi-year multi-million dollar projects.
- Built a team of QA and system architects over an 18-month period.
- Deployed them on all large projects to deliver timely solutions and manage risk across releases retail brokerage, capital markets & back-office operations.
Result: Repeatedly achieved delivery goals and 95% defect containment on $150MM technology portfolio.
Improved Time-to-Deploy 5-fold
Need: Dental Insurance administrator needed to significantly improve release consistency, reliability and speed.
- Assessed various options and defined a deployment reference architecture based on the client’s tech stack.
- Implemented a release process and deployment pipelines to work across key enterprise applications.
Result: Applications can now be deployed on-demand or automatically and time to deploy has reduced 5-fold.
Guided Product Strategy
Issue: Big data startup needed direction to extend core platform.
- Accelerated the release of ready-to-deploy solutions like EDW offloading and OLTP replication on Hadoop, after analyzing market data and customer feedback.
- Recommended moving from an on-premises to a cloud offering.
Result: Helped build mind share and market presence for the startup.